Keeping more of what you earn
Prudent tax management is essential, particularly for investors with substantial non-registered investments. CI's Private Investment Management brings the tax advantages of CI Corporate Class and T-Class together to help maximize after-tax returns.
Based on a tax-efficient corporate structure, CI Corporate Class is an ideal solution for building a non-registered portfolio. The many advantages include a low dividend payout policy, tax-efficient income and the ability to generate tax-efficient cash flow through T-Class funds. Investors can:
- Choose from among more than 60 investment mandates.
- Receive tax-efficient capital gains or Canadian dividends from all funds, regardless of the mandate.
- Defer paying tax on distributions, given the low dividend payout of the funds.
Not all corporate class structures are the same. CI was the first to esablish a multi-class fund corporation in Canada in 1987 and today, CI has the most experience managing a corporate class structure. CI Corporate Class is now the largest of its kind in Canada, with more than $45 billion in assets.
When clients would like to draw cash flow from their portfolio, T-Class builds on the Corporate Class platform to provide:
- Payments received as non-taxable return of capital (ROC).
- Fully flexible monthly payout options.
- A choice of more than 50 CI Corporate Class mandates.