Hedge fund strategies now in a mutual fund structure
Liquid alternatives bridge the gap between traditional mutual funds and hedge funds, bringing together the best elements of both worlds.
The democratization of an effective portfolio tool
- Easy to add to your portfolio (prospectus-qualified)
- Low minimum investment requirement starting at $500
- Low-cost way to access the investment flexibility traditionally only found in hedge funds
- Investment strategies uncorrelated to stock and bond markets
- Solutions to diversify and potentially enhance portfolio outcomes
Strategies to complement and enhance
CI currently offers three distinct strategies, each carefully designed to provide diversification benefits within your portfolio. Each fund is overseen by talented and highly experienced alternative investment managers.
Corporate bond mandate with an investment grade bias seeking to profit from inefficiencies and mispricings through the use of alternative credit trading strategies.
- Targeting positive absolute returns and volatility minimization
- Focus on capital preservation
- Active and technical trading across global credit markets
- Low correlation to fixed income
- Low sensitivity to interest rate and currency movements
Flexible, “go anywhere” fixed income mandate seeking to profit through all phases ofa market cycle.
- Targeting positive absolute returns over a market cycle
- Returns that are not dependent on market directionality
- Low volatility
- Broad exposure to a variety of fixed income instruments
- Tactical interest rate and credit risk management
Global growth mandate identifying, and profiting from, companies primed to be the winners and losers from structural and thematic changes in our world today.
- Targeting meaningful, risk-adjusted, absolute returns
- High-conviction, concentrated positioning
- Capital preservation
- The ability to profit in rising and falling markets
- A strong complement to existing fixed income or value-oriented equity exposure
Fitting into your existing asset allocation
It’s important to understand that liquid alternatives are not a new asset class, but rather a new type of investment strategy. Because liquid alternatives typically aim to add diversification benefits to portfolios, they can be used alongside existing positions as complementary funds. When combined effectively, liquid alternatives can help reduce portfolio volatility and potentially enhance returns.
The Result – A Better Equipped, All-Market Portfolio
When it comes to sophisticated investment types, experience matters
Liquid alternatives call for managers with the knowledge, expertise and tools at their disposal to implement the sophisticated strategies required to enhance your portfolio. At CI, we’ve partnered with highly respected and specialized managers who have, based on their track record, navigated various market cycles for high net worth and institutional clients around the world.
Lawrence Park Asset Management
Alternative credit manager focused on generating fixed income alpha through an active and technical approach to global investment grade credit trading.
Marret Asset Management
Alternative asset manager specializing in global fixed income and active duration management.
Global absolute return manager focused on identifying growth equities primed to benefit from structural and thematic changes in our world today.
Learn more about CI Liquid Alternatives
Your Guide to Liquid Alternatives
A complete education guide to help you better understand liquid alternatives, how they differ from traditional mutual funds and how they can benefit your portfolio.
At a Glance
A quick run-down of what aspects make liquid alts unique.
Quick Reference Guide
Side-by-side comparison of fund-specific descriptions, fees and fund codes.
- Prices and Performance
- Fund Related Documents
MasterClass: Liquid Alts - November 2019
Andrew Torres, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer of Lawrence Park Asset management, discusses Canada’s liquid alternatives landscape on Asset TV’s Masterclass Series.