CI Investments receives 29 FundGrade A+ Awards recognizing the best investment funds of 2014
TORONTO, Jan. 22, 2015 /CNW/ - CI Investments Inc. ("CI") announced today that 29 of its funds have received 2014 FundGrade® A+ Awards, which recognize investment funds with consistent, outstanding risk-adjusted performance. The awards were announced last night by Fundata Canada Inc., a provider of financial and market data. CI received more FundGrade A+ Awards than any other fund company for the second year in a row.
"Our award-winning funds include equity, income and balanced funds and span several portfolio management teams, reflecting the broad strength and quality of our lineup," said Derek J. Green, CI President. "We congratulate the portfolio managers for achieving these honours."
FundGrade A+ Award winners managed by CI included 12 mutual funds and 17 segregated funds. Notable winners for 2014 included four Cambridge mutual funds, with Cambridge Canadian Equity Corporate Class receiving an award for three consecutive years. The Cambridge Global Asset Management team continues to earn industry recognition for its outstanding investment results.
In addition, Portfolio Series Income Fund is now a four-time FundGrade A+ Award winner. The fund is part of the Portfolio Series program managed by CI Investment Consulting, CI's in-house team of asset allocation experts. Three mutual funds within Portfolio Select Series, another CI managed solution overseen by CI Investment Consulting, also received awards.
Other repeat winners included Signature Global Income & Growth Fund and Select Canadian Equity Managed Corporate Class, which were honoured in 2013.
CI's FundGrade A+ award-winning funds for 2014 are:
- Cambridge Canadian Asset Allocation Corporate Class
- Cambridge Canadian Equity Corporate Class
- Cambridge Canadian Growth Companies Fund
- Cambridge Pure Canadian Equity Fund
- Portfolio Series Income Fund
- Select 20i80e Managed Portfolio
- Select 50i50e Managed Portfolio
- Select Canadian Equity Managed Corporate Class
- Signature Global Income & Growth Fund
- Signature Global Resource Fund
- Synergy Tactical Asset Allocation Fund
- United Canadian Equity Alpha Corporate Class
- Clarica MVP Growth Fund
- SunWise CI Cambridge Core Canadian Equity Corporate Fund
- SunWise Elite CI Cambridge Core Bundle
- SunWise Elite CI Portfolio Select Series i20e80
- SunWise Elite CI Portfolio Select Series i50e50
- SunWise Essential CI American Value Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential CI Cambridge Canadian Equity Low Volatility Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential CI Cambridge Canadian Equity Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential CI Synergy American Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential Fidelity NorthStar Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential Fidelity True North Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential Premier CI Signature Global Income & Growth Segregated Fund
- SunWise Essential Sun Life MFS Global Total Return Segregated Fund
- SunWise Essential Sun Life MFS Global Value Segregated Bundle
- SunWise Essential Sun Life MFS Global Value Segregated Fund
- SunWise Essential Sun Life MFS International Value Segregated Fund
- SunWise Essential Sun Life MFS U.S. Value Segregated Bundle
The FundGrade A+ Rating identifies funds with not only the best risk-adjusted returns but also those demonstrating the highest level of consistency. It builds on and enhances the Fundata FundGrade fund rating system and is awarded annually to funds that have achieved consistently high FundGrade scores through an entire calendar year. FundGrade is an objective and completely quantitative measure that is based on a minimum of two and up to 10 years of a fund's historical track record. The FundGrade rating system assigns grades ranging from an "A" to an "E." For a fund to score a FundGrade "A" rating, the fund must substantially outperform its peers by finishing in the top 10% within its category in a given month. FundGrade ratings change monthly.
The FundGrade A+ Rating ranks funds to determine the annual "best-of-the-best" investment fund ratings. Less than 4% of the eligible investment fund products available in Canada have received a FundGrade A+ rating. Mutual funds and segregated funds have been graded separately. For more information on the Fundata FundGrade and FundGrade A+ rating system, please visit www.fundgradeawards.com.
About CI – Canada's Investment Company
CI Investments Inc. is one of Canada's largest investment management companies. CI offers a broad range of investment products and services, including an industry-leading selection of investment funds, and is on the Web at www.ci.com. CI is a subsidiary of CI Financial Corp. (TSX: CIX), an independent, Canadian-owned wealth management firm with $133 billion in assets as of December 31, 2014.
SOURCE CI Investments Inc.