G5|20 Series: Product Highlights
- Combines the expertise of CI’s award-winning portfolio managers, a risk manager, and guaranteed retirement cash flow distributions backed by Bank of Montreal.
- Each fund is a diversified portfolio of Canadian, U.S. and international equities and income securities.
- It is actively managed to maximize the residual value of the fund after the 20-year Distribution Phase.
- Growth potential with protection from market downturns.
- The Distribution Phase's Guaranteed Distributions are for 20 years – 5% of the Guaranteed Asset Value. Cash flow levels are reviewed every three years to lock in a portion of any market gains to increase the guaranteed cash flow.
- Cash flows paid monthly – one-twelfth of 5% of the Guaranteed Asset Value – guaranteed by Bank of Montreal.
- After Distribution Phase: the low volatility investment strategy is designed to leave a residual value in the fund that investors can take in cash or invest.
Available for registered and non-registered assets
- $5,000 minimum investment ($100,000 for CI Private Investment Management).
- For client-held and nominee registrations for both non-registered and registered accounts.
- RRSPs (including spousal), RRIFs (including spousal).
Tax minimization for non-registered accounts
- Monthly cash flow in non-registered accounts is tax-efficient: it is substantially characterized as return of capital from the fund. When the adjusted cost base reaches zero, cash flows are treated as capital gains.
- Guaranteed distributions from a non-registered account are not subject to clawback of Old Age Security.
- Fund may have annual distributions comprised of interest and/or capital gains.
- RRSP and RRIF payments subject to income tax.
For full product details, including a glossary of terms, please refer to the prospectus.